That's right. You read correctly. We're moving back to Tucson! Wow, we've got a lot to do in the next month!!! We're going to try to sell our house here in PHX, which is CRAZY! I'm not at all excited about that process in this awful market. I think we'll need to send our kids away for a couple of weeks just to get it organized and clean... otherwise all efforts would be undone within minutes of completion.
We really enjoyed our house in Tucson before, so hopefully we'll find a home we can love there again. We lived in the perfect location, close to everything, yet tucked away from everything. Adam already checked to see if there were any homes there for sale, but there weren't. Bummer. We'd move right back to that neighborhood in a heart beat. From what I can tell initially, we'll have to live somewhere much further away.
We also enjoyed some good restaurants there that I haven't found equivalents for here. I hope they're all still in business. There was one Mexican restaurant that had the most fattening but utterly delicious shrimp and cheese dish you can imagine. It doesn't sound that good... shrimp and cheese, but there are no words to describe it, so I won't try. It was just absolutely delicious! We had our favorite taco shop, a good Thai spot, two or three great pizza places, an Ethiopian joint, an Indian place, and a couple of specialty delis that had goat cheese from Sweden that we love.
Tucson is a very different place, as I recall. A common description you might hear is "hodge-podge". As I scan the homes for sale I realize we're not going to be able to live very close this time, unfortunately. Maybe we'll just rent this time. Who knows.
We're just excited to be movin' on!
Father’s Day Interview Printable Kids Can Fill Out
5 months ago

10 comments:
We LOVED LOVED LOVED where we lived up on the northwest side. We were in the Butterfield Ward and it is awesome!!! Housing prices have dropped there considerably too. And the school - SSSOOOO great. That's my two cents. Let me know if you'd like in on our blog (we went private). Send me your e-mail: frozencacti(at)gmail(dot)com. P.S. This is Mike and Diana
Eat some Indian Oven for us, please. What fun, what fun. Tucson does have the best hole in the wall type restaurants with the best food. Happy moving! Marcie
I have a good friend that lives in Tucson, and LOVES it, and is always begging us to come visit. Now with you there too that might give us another reason to head for the border! Good luck with the house sale.
We loved Indian Oven as well! Marcie, we'll definitely eat some for you guys, gladly.
Hi Kristi;
I linked here from Adriane's blog. There are several houses in our ward (Wildwood Park) for sale. One on Brubeck is close to several members. Good luck!
Hilary! It's been a while! We just put an offer in on a house. Who knows if it'll work out. The house you mentioned is about the same setup, except for the garage. Adam REALLY wants a 3 car so he can have a work space, but if we don't get the first one, it looks like a great house. I wonder if we'd still be in your ward? The house is not that far away... on Ironwood Reserve. Know anyone in that area?
Thanks.
Hey there,
Sorry I never called while I was there. It was good to see you for those 2 seconds at Target! I am so glad things are moving along. Are you still going to be around the last of the month? We will be back for the 4th. Let me know. We will mostly be spending time at the pool.
Take care,
Allison
Kristi!
What great news! Hope all is well with the house hunt. Fill me in on details when you can - I assume Adam will be at UMC?
Adrienne
I miss Tucson almost every day of my life!!! (almost) I'm glad you're able to move on - good luck with selling the house. Never a great experience - but you're a trooper! When you email Adrienne the details, will you send them along to us, too?! We're so crazy about you guys and want to hear how things have worked out!
Oh how exciting for you to know where you're headed. I never told you thanks for the cute little girlie clothes for Indie-they've been awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Post a Comment