Saturday, August 23, 2008

Too Many!

Too many RATS and MICE in the attic (you read correctly - RATS!)
too many toys on the floor
too many dirty tissues (from the heinous cold I can't kick)
too many dirty dishes
too many loads of laundry
too many projects I haven't finished
too many bugs in my house
too many friends that I miss
too many potty "accidents" to clean up
too many gray hairs
too many miles to home
too many bills not paid
too many rooms without lights in my house
too many quilts to fit in the "linen closet"
too many pairs of old shoes
too many mosquitoes
too many cacti in the back "yard"
too many weeds
too many broken fingernails
too many pounds
too many months of double house payments (one is rent)
too many worries
too many frustrations
too many complaints!

I had to vent. I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed with life lately. I often think to myself, I can't do it! There are those little moments when I feel like I shouldn't be a mother because I get too frustrated over things that every mother gets to deal with. For instance, when Bella peed all over the laundry/storage room floor and then pulled out diapers and pull-ups on top of the puddle that was already soaking into SEVERAL other things. I can't believe how much pee one little girl can hold. It was all I could do to keep from screaming. When it was cleaned up I realized I could at least be thankful I stopped the puddle from getting under the washer and dryer and the freezer. I REALLY didn't feel like moving appliances.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

I'm so sorry you are having a rough spot. I admit the RATS might put me over the edge too. I loved that you found the positive in the whole 'no pee under the freezer' though. That actually made me giggle. Don't ever think twice to email or call to vent! We all need to sometimes.

the Hansen Family said...

Thanks Cassie! Yes, the RATS definitely heightened my state of frustration... vacuuming the "droppings" that fell after the A/C guy came down from the attic with the good news about the rodent problem was probably when I should have burst into tears. For some reason I was numb though - kind of glazed over.

I buzz by your blog every so often to see what you're up to. Wish you were nearby!

Allison said...

At least I'm not the only one with all the "too many" things. And at least yours' doesn't include "too much screaming" which is top of my list. We all go through spells. One day we will wish they peed on the floor, instead of sneaking out of the house and taking our car to go meet their boyfriend/girlfriend. I have to keep reminding myself that. Ha, ha, ha.

SherBear said...

Wow, Kristi...maybe that's why I haven't been "blessed" with children in my life - I couldn't handle all the messes they make!!!
I think you're wonderful!!