Wednesday, January 30, 2008

No, it's YUCKY!

Today, Bella was taking a drink of Adam's soda and Hanna started whining for her to share. Bella got a cute little knowing, smirky smile on her face as she sucked down the soda as fast as she could. Then she said, between sips, "no" sip, sip, "it's yucky." I started laughing. Adam and I looked at each other and just said "what a little smarty pants." How many times have we told our kids that something we were eating or drinking was "yucky" so that they wouldn't want it? I didn't expect our 2 year old to figure it out and use it on her older sister. Bella is just too smart! These moments are what make the 2 year old whining worth listening to.

3 comments:

Abby said...

I laughed my head off with this because I do the same thing to my kids! They always want some of my Diet Pepsi but I tell them how disgusting it is and that it's only for moms and dads who like yucky stuff.

I'm SO impressed that Hanna has figured out that trick SO YOUNG!!! Atta girl!

Maury said...

Oh sweet little Bella. She is the funniest little girl!

the Hansen Family said...

That's why we love her SOOOOO much. She may not be the lightest on her feet (she is quite accident prone), but she is too smart for MY own good.